Preservation of your privacy is important to the Combe Mill Society and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
Combe Mill Society is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (company number 03784507) and a charity registered in England and Wales (charity number 1111029).
1. Information about you
We will collect personal information from you when you:
- sign up as a member of Combe Mill Society
- book to hire one of our rooms or for one of our experience vouchers
- donate at our ticket office in return for an annual pass
- sign up on our website to receive regular new updates
- order items from our on-line shop.
This may include your title, first names or initials, surname name, email address, physical address and telephone numbers. We may also ask for some additional, non-personal information such as confirming that you accept the conditions of making a Gift Aided donation.
2. Young Persons (Aged 18 or Under) and Vulnerable Persons
We are particularly concerned to protect the privacy of young persons aged 18 or under and of vulnerable adults. If you appear to fall into one of these categories we will need to contact your guardian/a parent: whenever you provide us with personal information.
3. Our use of this information
Your personal information will only be used to:
- process your membership, booking application or sales order
- process any new or existing Gift Aid Declaration that you have made
- send you our monthly newsletter and official communications
- provide you with information relating to our activities
- manage your subscriptions
- maintain a history of Combe Mill Society.
If you provide us with your email address when buying an annual pass we will keep you informed of our activities during the period of your pass.
We will NOT share your information with any third parties.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
Communications in connection with your membership and society activities may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication.
If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free.
5. Retention of your data
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid).
- We will only store your data for as long as the purpose requires:
- Your membership record will be retained for one year after the date you cease to be a member
- Your name will be retained thereafter on our society history timeline.
- If you are an annual pass holder your details will be retained for the validity period of your pass
- If you have donated under Gift Aid your details will be retained for up to seven years from the date of the last donation made under your declaration.
6. Other information
If you would like us to correct or update any information, or if you would like information deleted from our records, then please email us at gro.l1544839963limeb1544839963moc@y1544839963rater1544839963ces1544839963
7. Your right to know
You have the right to ask us to declare the information we hold about you.
To find such information relating to your membership of the Combe Mill Society, simply ask our membership secretary.
If you are an annual pass holder or Gift Aid donor, please contact our secretary.
8. Data Controller
Our secretary performs the role of data controller within the meaning of the GDPR regulations.
10. Policy review
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.