What’s included in your 3-hour experience
- Free car parking and light refreshments
- Guided tour of Combe Mill – 45 min
- Safety briefing – 10 min
- Instruction in Forge by Blacksmith – 2.5 hr
- Certificate and photograph
- Take-away poker and/or toasting fork
What happens on the day
On arrival at Combe Mill you will be shown around the Mill by a volunteer before joining your blacksmith for a safety briefing and a two and a half hour session making an iron poker and/or a toasting fork. You will be provided with personal protective gear – eye protection, leather apron and gloves but should wear sturdy shoes and clothes. Once finished and refreshed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion and may have your photograph taken at the Forge.
Points to Note
- You must be strong enough to wield a large hammer and therefore probably more than 10 years old
- If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for you
- Payment must be made in advance by cash, cheque or electronic means
- (You may pay using PayPal from the shop section of the website. Please note there is an additional cost to cover handling and fees)
- The day of the experience needs to be arranged with our Senior Blacksmith after the voucher has been received. He will arrange for one of our blacksmiths to be available at a mutually agreed date – usually a Wednesday or first Sunday of a month.
- Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- A cancellation fee of £20 is payable if less than 48hr notice of cancellation is received
We can arrange to post the voucher to the recipient directly if instructed.
And all this for only £50