Looking for an experience with a difference? Need an unusual gift? Why not try your hand at being a blacksmith?
A Blacksmithing Experience voucher entitles the holder to a half-day at Combe Mill with one of our blacksmiths. The recipient will get a personally guided tour of the Mill and will have time under instruction to make a poker and perhaps a toasting fork.
A warm welcome awaits and refreshments will be provided.
We are sorry to disappoint anyone but we have stopped the sale of blacksmithing experience vouchers for the rest of 2017 because of high demand.
The booking must be arranged in advance to suit the availability of a blacksmith but can usually be fixed for any half-day.
The cost is an affordable £50 and vouchers can be purchased by completing and returning the order form which can be downloaded by clicking here > Blacksmiths Experience Form, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed and submitted your form you can pay at our shop checkout
What’s included in your 3-hour experience
● Free car parking and light refreshments
● Guided tour of Combe Mill – 45 min
● Safety briefing – 10 min
● Instruction in Forge by Blacksmith – 2.5 hr
● Certificate and photograph
● Take-away poker and/or toasting fork
What happens on the day
On arrival at Combe Mill you will be shown around the Mill by a volunteer before joining your blacksmith for a safety briefing and a two and a half hour session making an iron poker and/or a toasting fork. You will be provided with personal protective gear – eye protection, leather apron and gloves but should wear sturdy shoes and clothes. Once finished and refreshed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion and may have your photograph taken at the Forge.
Points to Note
● You must be strong enough to wield a large hammer and therefore probably more than 10 years old
● If you are under 15 you must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for you
● Payment must be made in advance by cash, cheque or electronic means
● (You may pay using PayPal from the shop section of the website. Please note there is an additional cost to cover handling and fees)
● The experience is available on selected days between February and November
● Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
● A cancellation fee of £20 is payable if less than 48hr notice of cancellation is received
We can arrange to post the voucher to the recipient directly if instructed.