Beam Engine Driving Experience
Looking for a rare experience with a difference? Need an unusual gift?
Why not learn to drive a stationary steam-powered Beam Engine?
A warm welcome awaits and refreshments will be provided.
The booking must be arranged in advance and we only run this course a few times a year.
The cost is an affordable £50 and vouchers can be purchased by completing and returning the order form which can be downloaded by clicking here > Beam Engine Experience Form, alternatively email email@example.com
Once you have completed and submitted your form you can pay at our shop checkout.
The dates for experience days will be by prior arrangement with our Bookings Manager.
Included in your half-day experience
● Free car parking and light refreshments
● Guided tour of Combe Mill
● Safety briefing
● Take part in steam raising and preparing the beam engine
● Learn to start and stop the beam engine
● Certificate and photograph
What happens on the day
On arrival at Combe Mill you will be shown around the Mill by a volunteer before joining others on the course for a safety briefing and a half-day session learning about and driving the beam engine.
You should wear ‘working’ clothes and sturdy shoes. Once finished and refreshed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion and may have your photograph taken by the engine.
Points to Note
● You must be at least 16 years old
● Payment must be made in advance by cash, cheque or electronic means
● (You may pay using PayPal from the shop section of the website. Please note there is an additional cost to cover handling and fees)
● The experience is available on selected dates between March and October
● We reserve the right to ask you to choose another date in the event the course is under-subscribed.
● Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
● A cancellation fee of £20 is payable if less than 48hr notice of cancellation is received
● We can arrange to post the voucher to the recipient directly if instructed.