Included in your half-day experience
● Free car parking and light refreshments
● Guided tour of Combe Mill
● Safety briefing
● Take part in steam raising and preparing the beam engine
● Learn to start and stop the beam engine
● Certificate and photograph
What happens on the day
On arrival at Combe Mill you will be shown around the Mill by a volunteer before joining others on the course for a safety briefing and a half-day session learning about and driving the beam engine.
You should wear ‘working’ clothes and sturdy shoes. Once finished and refreshed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion and may have your photograph taken by the engine.
Points to Note
● You must be at least 16 years old
● Payment must be made in advance by cash, cheque or electronic means
● (You may pay using PayPal from the shop section of the website. Please note there is an additional cost to cover handling and fees)
● The experience is available on selected dates between March and October
● We reserve the right to ask you to choose another date in the event the course is under-subscribed.
● Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
● A cancellation fee of £20 is payable if less than 48hr notice of cancellation is received
We can arrange to post the voucher to the recipient directly if instructed.